Saturday, March 26, 2011

Strange realization

Despite the scale telling me I've lost 4 pounds, something even better is happening: My pants are getting loose and I have gone in a belt notch or two.

Needless to say, this is awesome. Soon I may have to go through my boxes of stored clothes marked "skinny" and, instead of clear them out for space, dust them off to actually wear again.

This led to a strange realization: I've never had to do this before, meaning... I've never lost weight.

I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, it's awesome, a deserved sweet victory. On the other, this means that I've just continually gotten fatter and fatter.

Despite my years of good intentions and my stops and starts on exercise programs, I've never succeeded.

And that, my friends, is the most depressing thought of all—and the reason that I must push on and I MUST SUCCEED NOW.

1 comment:

  1. You are on the road to success. Way to go. I love having my pants feel loose. I need to measure again but I am a little nervous...one day this week I suppose. Way to go on yoru progress!

    ReplyDelete