Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1-B: The Check-In

Before I get down to the details, allow me to introduce you to The Plan, Phase 1:

First, I will focus on upping my veggie intake and cook more fresh food. I will also keep my ban on soda and fast food, but not go nuts if I have a small treat or two. Next, I will begin sneaking in strength training exercises until I figure out how on earth I can get a full workout in at least three days a week.

I don't want to go all hard core right off the bat. I know that's how I set myself up to fail because, let's face it, losing a lot of weight is a huge change. I'm a busy lady with a darling but demanding baby boy who takes up nearly all of my time and energy, and a part-time job and freelance career to boot. The more changes I can make the better, BUT I am okay with making them a few at a time.

So now, on with the daily check-in. I had a pretty good food day, but not such a great active day. Here's the report:

What I Ate:
  • Breakfast: Green smoothie with kale, celery, pineapple, mango, strawberry, banana
  • Snack: Strawberry yogurt with homemade granola
  • Lunch: Turkey and avocado sandwich with spinach, olives, lettuce, tomato and cucumber; colby jack string cheese
  • Snack: Green smoothie part 2
  • Dinner: Leftover shepherd's pie with green beans, carrots and corn
The Hall of Shame:
  • Small chocolate chip cookie
  • 2 Dove chocolate & caramel pieces
Activities:
  • 10-minute walk during lunch
  • 3 sets of crunches

That's all for tonight. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. If you have a George Foreman grill, make a panini out of your turkey and avocado sandwich. No need to add butter or anything, and it gives it an amazing grilled flavor. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who likes cucumber on my sandwich.

    There's nothing wrong with the hall of shame. I believe denying yourself what you love will just make you crave it and make things harder for you. I have one too. I try to limit it to no more than 200 calories a day, and I've been trying to cut it back to every other day. A personal trainer advised me not to eat it right after a meal, though. Then your brain won't associate you're full at other meals since it expects to end with a sweet taste.

    Glad to find your blog! I follow several weight loss blogs and am working on my own. I'm the opposite where I don't want to post anything until I feel confident that I've already had significant success. 43 pounds down (significantly less than I every weighed in High School) and I'm finally comfortable to blog about it. Especially since this is the 3rd time in my life I've gotten to around this weight and this time I want to make sure it stays off. My mission to Italy killed it the first time. I've never been pregnant, but getting married to a guy who can eat whatever he likes without gaining weight, and is an excellent cook to boot, really killed it last time. 5 years later and I'm finally back to it.

    ReplyDelete