Monday, March 21, 2011

I am recommitting

At my weekly weigh-in I had another victory: another pound lost! I am down to 156, just one li'l pound above my pre-baby weight. Then, 30 more to go...

I've been going back and forth in my mind if I really deserve this pound lost. On one hand, I've had a LOT of desserts this week and I've let soda creep back into my diet—not on a daily basis like before, but still, I've had like 3 or 4 cans of Coke this week. On the other hand, I'm getting even more veggies in my diet by sneaking them into regular foods (more on that in another post).

On yet another hand, I have hardly worked out at all this past week. But on the other-other hand, my activity level in general is up. In fact, there have been several days when I've gone to bed with sore calves from being on the move all day long. That says something right there.

I'm deciding to be done with my mental tug-of-war.

Instead of saying, "I don't deserve this pound lost," I will say, "Think how many more pounds I could lose if I just tried a little harder."

I am recommitting to getting fit.

To help me stay on track, I'm making more concrete goals so I can feel I've actually accomplished what I set out to do. This week I will:
  • Do crunches every day
  • Do lunges and squats on even days
  • Do push-ups on odd days
  • Use the Wii Fit at least twice a week
  • Go on a walk at least once a week
Next week I will have been at this for one month, which means it will be time to measure and take photos. It's a little daunting, but I know I've made some progress not only for the numbers on the scale but for the jeans that are getting baggy and my wedding ring that is feeling loose.

On to bigger victories!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! Great goals. I love reading your blog. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally going to have to follow your lead post baby. I used to be a 'skinny minnie' but now I'm a big old pregnant lady. I don't mind the pregnancy weight and I knew what I was doing when we started trying at my weight. I love this little lima bean but I am going to have to work hard after the little stinker is here.

    If you ever want to walk on the trail by our casa call me. I try to go on a walk daily. (if our Utah weather will allow it)

    Seriously, let me know. I'll go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the wii golds gym cardio workout and wii golds gym dance workout. I get a lot better workout and burn a ton more calories than the wii fit. And it holds my interest better. The first is $16 on Amazon and the 2nd is $28. I just found I got bored of the wii fit way too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassy, I didn't know there was a trail. Is it by the canal? If so, I'm gonna need some serious tires for the stroller :) But that sounds like fun. When the weather gets better, let's do it.

    Stacy, those sound awesome and actually affordable. I am going to check them out. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete