Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 2, and ways to sneak in exercise

Another good food day, not so good active day. I had planned on taking the little dude for a walk but it got really windy before we had the chance.

Here's one way I've been working in little exercises throughout the day (thanks Kelli for the idea!). I do sets of squats and lunges when I'm doing other things, like brushing my teeth, doing dishes and putting the baby down for a nap. He works great as a medicine ball, because he's a solid 16 pounds! I also make as many trips up and down stairs as I can, and I try to do them at a spring.

I have a sweet mini workout room in the basement that I need to take more advantage of. We have the Wii Fit set up with enough room to do yoga, pilates or a workout DVD. We also have an exercise bike but we lost the power cord so it doesn't work right. Hopefully soon we'll find it, because 10 minutes on that beats 30 on the Wii Fit.

Here's my daily report.

What I Ate:
  • Breakfast: Green smoothie with kale, celery, orange, pineapple, mango, strawberry, agave
  • Lunch: Chicken and wild rice soup with carrots and celery
  • Snack: More green smoothie
  • Dinner: Sausage barley soup, spinach salad with strawberries, whole wheat roll
The Hall of Shame:
  • 2 pieces of Dove chocolate (curse you, treat-happy coworkers!)

Activities:
  • 2 sets of lunges
I hope to get in a few sets of crunches tonight as well. Time will tell.

Also, I can honestly say I'm not consciously avoiding snacks or trying to eat less. It's the green smoothies, I tell ya. It's just happening, without even trying. I'll get my smoothie story up soon, because it's a gospel that needs to be spread!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are doing this blog, what a fun way to keep you motivated! I must know about the green smoothies. . . . . . . . can't wait to hear about them.

    ReplyDelete