Monday, March 14, 2011

Losing motivation... already

First, some good news:

Week 2 weigh-in = another pound lost!

Actually this is FANTASTIC news, considering I had some major off-the-wagon moments this week. I may or may not have had pizza, cheesecake and coconut cake. BUT WAIT! I still get a pat on the back because my husband and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary with a delicious Italian dinner out, but I held strong and ordered some kind of grilled/not-too-fatty entree instead of the creamy, cheesy pasta bowl I was drooling for. So in the end, I guess I still earned this pound lost.

I'm still motivated to keep eating healthy, but I'm already struggling with the motivation to get moving. I thought it would be easier to get out and get going with the arrival of warmer weather, but life keeps getting in the way.

After all this trying to sneak workouts into my daily life, maybe that just doesn't work for me. Maybe that's what's making it easier to let it slip, whereas if I had a set workout time and a specific routine to complete I would be more likely to finish it.

I truly miss lifting weights at a gym. But even if I had the money and the time for a daily gym lifting routine, it still wouldn't change the fact that I loathe cardio.

So... Suggestions? Advice? Pep talk? Help!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on losing! This last week was rough for me and my weigh day is tomorrow. I am afraid that I may have gained. I guess time will tell. This week I haven't wanted to get out of bed to workout so I have gone up and down my stairs more...Instead of grabbing everything that needs to go up or down at once, I took everything one at a time. It was much but at least it was a bit more every day than nothing! I even took Ethan for a few trips just for fun! GOod luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy did you have a good weigh in? I heard you lost 5 pounds your first week. That's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete