Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time to sober up

Last week started with a bang, with lots of fat-burning walks and good food. Then with the crappy weather (AGAIN) I lost all motivation to keep moving.

Then, as is becoming the norm, work sucked me into the dark side: I liberally snacked on donuts, chocolate and soda throughout the week. I would like to point out the cruel irony that just after I kicked my soda habit, they put in a soda fountain at work. Curse you, free and endless supply of Coca-Cola!!

Thankfully, I had a bit of a reality check yesterday when we took our little dude swimming for the first time. He had a blast, but not everything was roses for me. At first I was stoked that I fit into my swimsuit from two years ago (since last year's suit was maternity). Since I've had a baby, however, things are just not what they used to be. So while I started out in a swimsuit that fit, I ended with a suit that was practically falling off because it had been stretched to oblivion.

This is not the way I want to start swimsuit season.

Therefore, I am recommitting this week with a new set of goals:

  • I will make my green smoothies daily. 
  • I will do crunches every day.
  • I will do at least 10 minutes of cardio every odd day.
  • I will do push-ups every odd day.
  • I will do lunges and squats every even day.
  • I will celebrate my efforts.
  • I will emerge victorious!

1 comment:

  1. You can always cheat a little just don't cheat a lot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete