Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Looking for some walking buddies

First off, my weekly recipe roundup will be a little late this week. We will have a guest post from my friend Hannah on homemade kale chips.

OK, so this blog of accountability isn't helping me quite shed the pounds like I'd hoped, and I'm still really struggling with finding the time (and motivation) to get my cardio in. It's time to step up my efforts and reach out to you, my supportive family and friends.

I want to start a walking group and I'm opening it up to anyone interested. We can choose set days with different times to accommodate people with various schedules. For example, Monday at noon, Wednesday at 6 p.m., Saturday at 10 a.m. So instead of having to decide when and where each time we will always know and can plan accordingly. We can switch up the locations around the Salt Lake Valley to get a change of scenery and help those who may be farther away.

Because I don't want to announce openly on the internet where we are going and when, I will start a Facebook group to give us more privacy. If you're not already my friend, please hit me up. You can also comment here and I'll find you.

I hope to get a good size group going, so please invite anyone you think would be interested. I'm excited to not only get moving but expand my social circle as well.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to go but I may slow you all down with the baby belly. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll be hauling buns down the street, at least not yet. And walking is good for pregnant ladies. It keeps the circulation going to prevent cankles (not fun, trust me). Plus we're kind of neighbors, so we should work something out on occasion.

    ReplyDelete