Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Motivation: If not NOW, then when?

My motivation for today comes from two seemingly opposite sources: The Bible and The Onion, a satirical fake news site. I’ll begin with the more highbrow of the two.

There is a proverb that has always motivated me--or rather, has always haunted me as a warning: 

“He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.” -Prov. 25:28

This is telling me, “If you don’t take control of your life, get some discipline and set boundaries for what you will and won’t do, you will be at the mercy of everyone else but yourself.”

Now, when it comes to getting fit, sooner or later you have to take control of your health and your actions, or you will end up caving in again and again. You will never reach your goals and you will develop serious health problems, and possibly end up as one of those people who have to buy two plane tickets to accommodate their girth.

I’ve spent the past few years working on self-discipline in a number of areas, but I haven’t had success when it comes to saying no to bad foods‑hence the point of this blog.

THE TIME IS NOW! I am committed, and though it may time a lot of time to develop a wholly healthy attitude and lifestyle, I WILL ACCOMPLISH THIS.

Which leads me to my fun piece of motivation, a little humor from The Onion:


An excerpt from the “article”:

“According to a new report from the National Association of Just Getting Out There and Getting It Done, when it comes to making it happen, a majority of Americans just have to, you know, get motivated and do it. The group's findings, which indicate nearly 80 percent of the nation needs to give it a shot at some point because, hey, you never know, suggest that the country can talk about it all it wants, but when it comes down to actually doing it, well, there's talking about things and then there's doing things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment