Friday, April 1, 2011

Judgment Day

The time is nigh.

It's been one month since I began this project, which means it's time to check my measurements and take the next fatty photo of the month.

I was dreading this moment. I've been struggling the last while, and this is the point my efforts will really show—or not. On the other hand, I have gone in one belt notch and my pants are saggy in the butt, AND I've really noticed my face slimming down. That can only mean one thing: I AM MAKING PROGRESS!!

But before I show you this month's pics, let's take a moment and reflect where I was 6 months ago, just 2 weeks before Evan was born:


What's even more shocking is how I looked in the hospital, after they pumped me so full of fluids I could have popped:


So, without further ado, I give you physical evidence of my progress. On the left is day 1, and on the right, today:




I was shocked and delighted to see the changes. The most obvious, as I said, is my face. My midsection is whittling down as well, and I was surprised to see the biggest change in my back. Probably from picking up my now-19-pound Moose Baby 20 times a day.

Here are my measurements, with day 1 on the left again and today on the right:

Arm:    13              12.5
Waist:   34             33.5
Hips:    42             40.5
Thigh:  25             25

Making for a grand total of 2.5 inches and 4 pounds lost.

Not bad for just making small changes!

I declare phase 1 of this project VICTORIOUS!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Lindsay, way to go! I'm so proud of you, your blog is inspiring! We're all here cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I love your pictures. I just had CJ take one of me...so it didn't turn out very well. I think I am going to do what you have done. Thanks for sharing you help me stay excited about my plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS you should feel very proud of yourself and you progress! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the results are shocking. What a difference in your face especially, but your entire body has also slimmed down. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing so good! Congrats! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously! WOW! Good job. Not being allowed to work out sucks. I still go for walks but I miss getting sweaty and huffing and puffing. Good job! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete