Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back in the saddle again

First off, thanks everyone for your words of encouragement on my last post. That's a big reason I started this blog: to have virtual workout buddies to cheer me on and keep me going. Thanks for your compliments! I feel oh-so-special :)

I'm so glad I'm doing the picture thing. Four pounds wasn't a lot to lose, but seeing the difference visually was a HUGE confidence booster. I encourage anyone trying to get fit to do the same. Seeing progress is so much better than stressing on the scale.

Now that I've seen what a little extra effort can do, I'm getting motivated to REALLY work out and get my cardio going. Just think how much I could accomplish then!

But boring gym cardio is not my thing. It's a monotonous kind of torture that I never stick to because I hate it so much. This is probably because my I've played sports straight from age 5 to 21: soccer, tennis, track and rugby. Downgrading from sprints and tackle drills to a treadmill between some sweaty guy and ridiculously skinny girl does not a happy Lindsay make.

Even though running would be the easiest to integrate into my daily life I haven't wanted to go for it—until this weekend when I had to do an impromptu run, and it was awesome.

I was late for a performance at Kingsbury Hall. Parking on campus is a nightmare, so I had to park in the stadium and walk three long blocks (nearly half a mile) with just 10 minutes before curtain time. That's when I realized I had to pee, PRONTO. To be sure I'd have enough time, I took off in a dead sprint. This was no mild jog—I was hauling boo-tay. Even though I'm so out of shape my lungs were burning and I coughed for 10 minutes afterward, it was exhilarating.

I realized how much I miss really working hard and using my body to its healthiest potential. I felt this way for the last half of my pregnancy, when even if I wanted to go for it my giant, sluggish body wouldn't oblige.

Now that it's just me, there's no excuse.

So... anyone know where I can get a jogging stroller for cheap???

No comments:

Post a Comment