Monday, May 9, 2011

I've got a plan

I tried to avoid an intense regimen with lots of rules and I've said no to an official diet. I've always thought too many restrictions would make any weight loss plan impossible to follow -- but now, I think I'm changing my mind.

I'm finding out it's much easier to flake when there AREN'T rules and steps to follow. After all, if there's no process there's no accountability, and subsequently no progress.

I'm still not going on a traditional diet. I don't think that will ever be for me, and I don't think that's a  long-term solution anyway. But I do need an everything-else plan.

I thought about going high-tech with this, because there's a million apps for just such a purpose. But in the end I think a low-tech, down-to-basics approach will help me the best.

So, I've dusted off the ol' moleskin notebook and I'm making daily and weekly checklists. This way I not only know what's coming up and what's expected of me, I have the satisfaction of physically checking it off and seeing the visual progress there.

Here's what's on the agenda for this week:

Monday:
Kinect Sports (30 min)
Basic crunches (25x3)
Basic squats (15x3)
Lunges (15x3)

Tuesday:
Walk (on lunch break)
Push-ups (10x3)
Slide squats (15x3)

Wednesday:
Walk/jog with stroller (30 min)
Leg throw crunches (25x3)
Lunges (15x3)

Thursday:
Kinect Sports (30 min)
Reverse crunches (25x3)
Push-ups (10x3)

Friday:
Walk/jog with stroller (30 min)
Basic crunches (25x3)
Slide squats (15x3)

So there you have it. Admittedly, it's 1:15 on Monday afternoon and I have yet to do any of these things. That means I'm getting my husband involved and we're playing Kinect tonight!

Anyone have some additions to recommend? What other easy resistance training moves do you like?

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. I have about the same amount of weight to lose and have been working at it for three weeks now. I had a really awful weekend bc it was Mother's Day weekend and the sweets taunted me until I finally caved. =( Anyway, I just gained back a little of what I lost. I found your blog since you linked it on Deseretconnect. A friend of mine from church coaxed me to join Deseretconnect as she works for them. I've said a lot. I'll check back here again since I'm trying to lose weight. Good luck!

    Amanda P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy, thanks for checking my blog out! There's strength in solidarity, isn't there?

    I'm glad you're with Deseret Connect too. I'm actually the editor of the new 'Happy Living' section on ksl.com and I am always in need of contributors through DC. Good luck and hope to "see" more of you!

    ReplyDelete