Monday, August 15, 2011

In a haze

Ho-hum.

That's how I've been feeling about this whole healthy living thing. The main reason is, we've been sleep training our very obstinate, very vocal child. At the beginning of this process, the time he spent shrieking and throwing toys (and even throwing himself out of the crib, once) has surpassed the time he's been napping. At one point I'm sure I shed more tears than he did. Needless to say, it has not been a good week.

But the sleep gods have finally prevailed upon us, and lo, he slumbers! Though the night! And during naptime! We are at last a happy family.

But here's the irony: Just as he's learned to sleep, I've forgotten. My insomnia is back, and I've been up until 1 or 2 a.m. every night. I just can't catch a break.

So even though he now has a consistent schedule and he's keeping to that schedule, I'm having a hard time doing what I need to do. Maybe it's the lack of sleep. Maybe it's this heavy heat. Maybe it's because the newness of being at home all day has worn off and a little melancholy has settled in. Maybe it's all of the above, and something else I have yet to identify. Who knows.

Whatever it is, progress it not being made on this project, or really on anything other than my now-happy baby. The sacrifices of motherhood.

So, now that his major hurdle has been crossed, it's time to focus on me for a bit. It's time to bring back the personal goals as well as the fitness goals. This should not only get me back on track exercise-wise, but pull me out of the stay-at-home funk. I hope.

Here we go...

For the week of August 15 - August 20:

Personal goals: Laugh every day, "clock out" and relax every evening, try a new activity (big or small) with Evan every day

Physical goals: Crunches daily, drink 64 oz. of water a day, walks 3 times a week


That will get me started. Until then, carry on, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment