Monday, June 13, 2011

It's worth a try

I found some beauty products in the bargain bins that claim to help me with a few "problem areas."



I've been using the cocoa butter for a month now and still no improvement on the stretch marks, but honestly I don't really expect to see one. I think if there really was a cure then everyone would know and nobody would have stretch marks ever again.

The cellulite cream I've been using for about a week, but that I really do hope to see something. I've had good results with the Avon one in the past, so I have at least minimal expectations for success with this.

Either way, they cost me a grand total of $6.50 together. What do I have to lose?

4 comments:

  1. For the stretch marks, use pure vitamin E oil. If you cant find that, just buy the capsules, break them open and rub on the marks. Be careful, it stains, but it is the only thing that has actually helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Vit E oil as well. I only have a few stretch marks. I still have two months left but I don't see them getting much worse than this if I keep putting that oil on. I bought my oil at walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a funny story. I have a solution (at least a pretty good one) for the stretch marks. It is StriVectin. I know it is crazy expensive. Which is one reason it is one of my rewards when I reach my goal weight. Okay, here is the story. I was walking through a store (I think it was Macy's) and there was a sample and I thought "I just have to try it to see if something so expensive really works." So I rubbed a bit on my stomach. It was after my first baby so at the most it was 7 years ago. Still to this day it is stretch mark free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph if it worked that well after just a sample I will go halvsies on a bottle with you. Dead serious. Let's do this.

    ReplyDelete