Monday, February 28, 2011

State of Affairs

So here I am, 28-and-a-half years old with a BMI dangerously close to obese. I got here through laziness and a disgusting diet of fast food, soda and pre-packaged meals and a near total lack of physical activity.

I don’t feel healthy. Actually, I don’t often feel good, period. I live with headaches, nausea, exhaustion, and aches and pains.

This is as much a quest to find health as it is to be skinny. I’m under no illusions that I’ll be 110 pounds again. In fact, I don’t want to be. I enjoy many of the curves I’ve acquired and plan on keeping my hourglass figure. I just want to look better and feel fantastic.

I'm starting slow, making substantial but transitional changes. I've already cut out soda and fast food, started cooking fresh meals, and am getting my greens by drinking green smoothies daily. Why green smoothies, you ask? That will be for a later post; the short answer for now is I want to fill my body with the most efficient fuel.

Because I’m a new mom and a working one at that, exercise isn’t my #1 priority just yet. I’m going to squeeze in what I can, but for now I’m focusing on changing my diet and gradually increasing my activity level.

This project will officially start tomorrow, March 1. I will be back with an embarrassing photo and measurements and a rough plan of what’s to come.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment